Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Deserved That

Reality check of the day:

"This exercise issue is not going to resolve itself. If you were bulimic, I would not expect you to still be vomiting every day this far into your treatment. You have to step up and make this happen."
~D

5 comments:

Kelly said...

This hit home.

lisalisa said...

tough to hear, but probably true. Keep working at it and you will get there!
:)

Edna said...

I'm thinking that would have been quite hard to hear! Any ideas about how you will cope with the anxiety and cut out one or two days exercise? You've made so much progress-maybe this one is the next big step.

Anonymous said...

This was so blunt and to the point. I needed to hear it. I use my exercise as a way for me to feel o.k about eating..Not good..and i've been in recovery for over 6 months :-/

Dana <3
http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/

Stephanie said...

Gosh, that was a mean thing to say. I don't think I would have handled my therapist telling me that very well. Hang in there.