-The visit home was a big success. I challenged myself with food and came around 100% of cals both days I was there.
-The Match Meets Family night went well! We watched the Lost finale, which provided a good sort of bonding time with my brothers.
-Exercise was so-so. I still came in close to full workout time on Sunday, despite taking my brothers to a movie, doing some shopping, and entertaining M in the evening. Busyness. I have to admit I totally exploit G for this, I use the "G has to walk" excuse frequently.
-BUT I did absolutely zero secret exercising in my room, first time that has ever happened on a visit home.
-I went on a run with my mom on Sunday morning. BIG mistake. Cardiovascularly and energetically I had no problem, but less than a mile in my bum knee started flaring up. Being the Cammy that I am, I ignored it and pushed to the finish, but it felt absolutely destroyed for about 48 hours after that. Which didn't keep me from still walking/biking on it. Fail. I am SO frustrated that now that my body is repaired enough to handle runs, my legs are still apparently fairly damaged from years of abuse.
-Following up on the issues in this post: I sent and e-mail to both C and D yesterday requesting a joint session. This is the text:
I'd be highly interested in scheduling a joint session (me with both of you at the same time) in the near future, do you think this would be possible? I have been thinking about it quite a bit this week. I feel that right now my progress would be greatly aided by a more cohesive direction/plan, to which end a joint session would be very beneficial.
Both responded and were open to "entertaining the possibility". I have a C session today, but am not scheduled to see D again for a couple of weeks. I feel kind of bad that I'll be able to talk about things in more detail with one than the other today, but that's how it goes. This whole thing has got me feeling pretty apathetic about my treatment right now.
-I waited far to long/did too much before breakfast today, which usually makes me fuzzy-headed until after lunch. I recognize, accept, and even anticipate this pattern, yet I don't change it. Something to work on.
-Between house-sitting for someone here and visiting my family in another state, last night was the first time in over a week that I got to just be home and sleep in my own bed. Aaaahhh that felt good.
3 comments:
I hear a lot of positives here! Major success at home, recognizing that your body may have some limitations you should respect, being proactive about your treatment (though their blase answer angers me!!), and finding something to work on this week. YOU ROCK!!!!! Thanks for updating us!
Good for you Cammy - sounds like a big week with lots of wins!
Yay for sending the email - really hope that it happens soon and that you can get C & D on the same page and behind you.
What a great post. It's excellent that you'er aware of the breakfast delaying pattern and acknowledge that you need to work on it. I also think it is SO AWESOME of you to be the director of your own recovery in requesting a joint session. Major props!
Also, great job on the 100% of cals and on the zero secret exercising!
Post a Comment