Monday, February 22, 2010

Tires, Bookstores, and The Lady Pills Begin

The past few days have improved greatly over the first part of last week. Bad news is my car repairs have been delayed another 3 days, so I'm stuck with the rental (which has a faulty tire that has required 2 refills of air in the 4 days I've had it) until Friday. But good news is that I had a great weekend. Don't want to list too many details because some of it involved community stuff that would make me a tad identifiable, but it was awesome. I'd been in a blue mood for most of last week, but spirits were definitely lifted over the weekend. And I got a date night with Match, who earns more and more points every time I see him. Celebrating six month anniversary tomorrow! (I am in total need of some nonpublic Girl Talk. My mom and I are pretty open, but she's so busy with school these days, and it's something I am a little hesitant to broach with her. Guess it will wait til therapy on Wednesday).

Also, I've done well with my self-imposed challenges this week. If you recall, the goal was to do 3 half days and an intermediate day, for the period from last Wednesday through tomorrow. Today was my third half day, score! And I did one that was a little over the "intermediate" threshold that C. defined a while back, but still less than full. Maybe if I do one of those again tomorrow, it will average out to a legit intermediate. And by the way, support from you guys has been awesome. I apologize for putting you on the spot, CG, but when you commented to check in on me regarding the exercise stuff this afternoon, my Blackberry pinged with the comment notification while I was literally in my car on the way to the gym. I detoured and stopped at the bookstore instead. THAT is something that can keep me occupied for hours, so works well as a distraction. And now I am on track for a Sticker Week. Thanks for keeping me accountable!

In other news, I started on the Provera yesterday. It's been less than 24 hours, so no noticeable difference yet. I had virtually no appetite this morning, didn't eat breakfast until really late (I did eat the full amount), which could have been a sign of mild nausea...but part of me wonders if I'm just expecting it so I'll search for signs that aren't really there.

So this post has kind of been all over the board. In a nutshell, despite a few niggling issues I am really feeling a lot better about the world in general this week. I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! I'm here to discuss girl stuff, if you need me :) I hope everything goes well with starting the lady pills! I'm sure you'll be just fine!

Tiptoe said...

I'm still so appalled at the rental car company. I've used the same company and have never had a problem. Hopefully, the week will go by quickly.

Yeah to the looks of another sticker week! So proud of you willingness to take on these exercise challenges. I *know* how hard it is for you.

Congrats on six months with Match. Anything exciting to celebrate the occasion?

Hope all goes well w/provera. It's always good to be vigilant, but at the same time give things a chance.

Cammy said...

Thanks Kim, may be sending you an e-mail in the near future...

Tiptoe: We're going out to dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date. :)

I don't know what's wrong with the rental company, could just be the people working at this one. I called to tell them I needed the car for extra days, and they seemed to have forgotten it has supposedly been sold and the owner wants to pick it up this week. Whaddya want to bet the owner does NOT know I'm chugging around town in it?

I Hate to Weight said...

i realize i never responded to your last post, although i meant to. provera was no problem for me, while everything else always was. it got my periods started, and i didn't have side effects.

hope the same is true for you. and may estrogen be easy too!

Anonymous said...

Yayy! Glad to hear that the week is starting off pleasantly and that you succeeded at your challenge!
I just caught up with your last few posts since I've been a little MIA and it sounds like you've had quite the rental car drama. Damn. Strong woman you are :)

Amy said...

Uh, hi, I'm spectacular at girl talk. It's on my resume. You know where to find me. (=

now.is.now said...

I'm so glad you had an uplifting weekend! You deserve and needed that! Also super happy for you that things are going so well with Match.

You are doing absolutely FABULOUS with the exercise challenges. You have just ROCKED in this department! Do you share exercise challenge stuff with Match? I mean, does he know about these challenges?

Katie said...

I usually conduct all my girl talk over the internet ;) MSN is a great invention. Congratulations in advance for meeting your goals! I wish my therapist gave out stickers, lol. I'll have to suggest it to her!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your week is looking up! :)

I don't think I ever have any girl talk in "real life" anymore. The thought of discussing that with my MOM makes me shudder. It's cool that you have that kind of relationship with yours, though.

<3 <3

Anonymous said...

hey congrats on the 6 months!!! are you taking the provera to induce a period??? just curious...i tried it before and i didnt get mine back but i will be praying for you if that's why your taking it! it made me mildy nausea as well but thats about it.

i HATE RENTAL companies... i got a rental car to go to spring break this year...thing broke down on me on the way there, lost a hub cap and then i had to pay 889$ to the company because their car FU#*$&KED up...ohh i was livid..i have NO trust in any car rental place now.

CG said...

Oh yay, I am so excited to have helped!! That just made my day. Go Cammy. Wootwoooot!

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

Go CG and go Cammy! Glad to hear you are feeling very positive (or at least were yesterday) and that you have "screwed your courage to the sticking post" (is that the phrase?!) about the bc pills. Let me know if you need any girl talk :) I love it!