Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rebooting Challenges and Formspringing

So, I haven't gone into much detail about this, but I kind of fell of the wagon around spring break and didn't make much of an effort to get back on. Last couple of weeks of therapy have been a little intense. I can tell I've disappointed C. I feel like crap. I've had some good days mixed in there, like this past weekend, but the overall trend has been negative. So yesterday I made a point to start eating better again, and today I laced up my big girl boots and decided to take the exercise challenge on again, going to really try to regain some balance this week. It always frustrates me when I start doing the "right" things and don't feel better right away. "I've had good meals for the last 24 hours, why do I still feel like shit?" Right...debts to your body run a bit deeper than that and don't disappear overnight, I am just not used to admitting I'm human.

A few weeks ago I joined Formspring and mentioned it on my blog, got a couple of questions right away, then promptly *forgot* about it. I think I assumed the site would send me an e-mail notification if anyone actually asked me a question, but apparently it doesn't work like that. So I randomly remembered it and signed in today, and sho 'nuff, I had 5 questions that have been sitting there for a minimum of 2 weeks! So sorry if it looked like I was ignoring y'all! So anyway, here is the Q&A so far, don't hesitate to ask me more if you'd like! I am Cammy4B on formspring.me. I do try hard to protect my identity, so I can't answer anything extremely specific ("What is your social security number, your middle name, your place of birth, etc"), but I do welcome questions, ED-related or otherwise.

I don't understand the point of a formspring instead of having people just ask you questions in the comments-enlighten me and maybe I will get one!

I'm not exactly sure either, just trying this out. Except I'm never confident that people come back and check comments, so I'm never sure if they see my answer or if other people see my responses.


How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

Structured, over-analytical, curious


Hi Cammy, love your blog! I was wondering if Provera was able to bring on your period? I wasn't that lucky so just went straight to the pill :/

Sort of. About 3 days after my run of Provera ended, I had extremely (EXTREMELY) light spotting for about 24 hours. We're talking hardly enough to even warrant a single pad. That was it.


What would your ideal future look like?

I don't want to get too specific, for purposes of anonymity, but I am extremely passionate about my work, so ideally I want to keep myself healthy and balanced enough to keep doing what I love and contributing to my profession. With plenty of travel, books, and peanut butter to make it even more ideal. ;)


What are the 3 most beautiful things about you?

My loyalty, my drive, and my sense of humor.


What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment? What is your biggest regret?

Wow, tough. Biggest accomplishment is my college experience as a whole. Beyond the degree, I did so much growing up, branching out, and coming into my own during that time. I really felt like I found my place in the grand scheme of things. Biggest regret is that I do not see more of my grandparents, who are very special to me, but geography works against that.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Ya, I'm pretty impatient with recovery too. I expect that one good day of eating means it should all be better and I should feel GREAT. I think it's good that you're honest about falling off the wagon a bit. We've all been there! Seeking balance is an ongoing thing, I think.

I don't think I'm brave enough to take on Formspring :)

Blue Eyed Heart said...

Sorry you've been having trouble with staying on the wagon -- but at least you're aware of it and doing something to fix it!

Ha I expected Formspring to notify me too... someone ought to tell them that. ;)

<3 <3

now.is.now said...

You've got this Cammy!

I need to reboot too. Maybe I'll follow in your lead.

Anonymous said...

ayyyy you totoally just reminded me i posted a formspring a couple weeks ago! i forgot all about it!


hope you get your food and self balanced out again it is VERY important to do soo!!!!!! good to know you are honest though and show your struggles. i think i do that TO much on my blog and need to start blogging all the good stuff i do as well!

Maeve said...

Good on you for deciding to reboot! I always find your dedication to recovery and honesty about the process very inspiring and helpful.

I hope your week goes well!

CG said...

reebboooooooooooooot.