Saturday, January 24, 2009

Resignation Creeping In

My life is profoundly, painfully out of balance right now.  And it appears that I lack both the skills and the energy to stay on track for any significant period of time.

All I want is to rest, physically and mentally, really that's all I want.  Just one day of internal quiet would be priceless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cammy
i'm sorry you feel so low

i think the main point and benefit of my hospitalisation was that they make me, my body and then my mind REST and took over my responsibility, broke the vicious cycle. thanks to this switch from my "normal" obsessive perpetuum mobile-like mode to more human treating i discovered totally new space in my head, new perspectives and it was like- wow is this really ME?
In the real world it's much harder, i have lot of issues with my pseudoresponsibility and with making decisions about myself, but i'm trying to remember and reseve the fascinating mental space and accept the resting human mode more.

I wish you best luck on your way to better places!

Anonymous said...

If rest is what your body needs, that is what you should give it. I know it's so hard when we're all very busy, but sometimes we need to take a day, cancel everything, call in sick to everything, and just REST! I hope you get a chance to do that.

Wrapped up in Life said...

Cammy please just give your body the rest, and nourishment it needs. I hit a brick wall a few months ago and quit seeing my D & T. I quickly plummeted in every way possible.

If you really need a break b/c of the pain or just that you really need a mental rest, then do it.

But please, take care of you while you do it.

Much love,
e

Kristina said...

Cammy,
Like others, I hope that you can give yourself the rest that you need, physically AND mentally/emotionally.
- Kristina

CG said...

rest up, dear girl. you deserve it, really.

Tiptoe said...

Don't have much to add from what everyone else had said, but know that there are many who have been where you are feeling right now.

Heads up for a better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, when I'm markedly out of balance it's a sure sign that I'm not making the time to breathe, that I'm failing to nap and that I'm definitely not taking care of myself.

Resignation can mean one of two things: either it means giving up or it means that you are in a space where you admit that things have started to suck and become determined to turn them around. I hope that the resignation creeping in for you is of the latter sort.