This year I'm not allowed to do that. Beginning tomorrow morning, extra stuff comes to an end, it has to be curbed. By curb, at this point, I mean take it back down to a milder, less lethal level of insanity, and then assess what I need to do to improve things from there. I will burn that bridge when I come to it, I guess.
There is little point to this post, except that putting this in writing will make me more accountable. I know that tomorrow I'm going to have major battles with myself over whether to stick with it and resist pulling the double time work I've been doing the past few days, or whether I should just give in and calm the mental anguish by indulging in exertion. I just have to tell myself that there is no use in considering alternatives, I just need to do what I need to do. Sorry if this post is less than coherent, I'm struggling to try to express the significance of a decision that probably seems mundane to outsiders.
So, tomorrow, the main objective is to behave slightly more like a human, even if it is one of those "fake it til you make it" type situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment