So now I have to overhaul my gameplan for tomorrow, just minor details like when to wake up, workout, etc, when/how much to eat, blah blah. I hate sudden changes of plans, but I'm much better about handling it than I used to be. The only major problem will be that I had an important vet appt for G. at 11, which I won't be able to make because I have class from 10-12. Hopefully they'll let me bring him in the afternoon instead, the appt is just to have blood drawn so they can run pre-op tests, he's having a small mass removed from his hip on Thursday. I am so incredibly nervous about having him under the anesthesia, and anxious that they'll discover the lump is malignant or something...can't let myself think about that right now, though.
Anyway, I can't believe I flaked out on knowing the first day of class. I can now officially blame it on senioritis, though, it seems crazy that this is my last semester here!
3 comments:
I hope G.'s appt. goes okay. It is always nerve-racking when your bestest companion has to go under for a bit. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes as expected, and hopefully his results will also be fine.
As for flaking, I've done that too on important events including when school starts. It is a pain to rearranged your whole schedule, but I know you'd still feel worse if you missed the first day too.
Yeah, it's amazing how the year has flown by and this is your last semester. Gosh, I still remember when you first talked about your first semester and all the worries you had.
SENIORS FTW
I hear you on the bewildering effect of a new semester (quarter in my case). I scheduled two meetings ... during one of my classes. Go me.
That's my next recovery step, to not plan everything in the minute detail, and be more flexible. Like trying to be a bit more relaxed about my plans, even maybe spontanious but without being impulsive. I am a nightmare if plans change, and I admire the way you have dealt with it so calmly!
Lola x
Post a Comment