Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mary Lou's Weigh Scale

Has everyone heard about Mary Lou Retton's new "Weigh Scale," and if so, any thoughts on it?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't know quite how I feel about the scale, but I kind of like that blog.

Tiptoe said...

Interesting scale. Not sure how I'd feel about it either, although at many dietitian appointments, don't they tell their ED clients whether they have lost or gained rather than the actual number? I know some do tell the actual numbers but many are blind weigh-ins.

The thing that would drive me nuts about this scale is the "perky" comments. I like Mary Lou and all, but too much perkiness is not something that is helpful or attractive to me.

This sort of reminds me of Bubble wrapped's post about the Bed Bath and Beyond Scale. That one was however, displayed obnoxious comments if you gained weight if I remember right.

Cammy said...

Lisa: I am actually a big fan of the Cranky Fitness blog also, I love how it can send healthy messages without taking things too seriously.

Tiptoe: I agree about the perkiness, not for me.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this scale since you posted, and I've decided that it bothers me. On the one hand it does away with numbers, good. But it makes everything about the weight loss. Not fitness, not even health really, just how to lose weight. I'm not sure this is a good thing for anyone really.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot to mention in my last comment that your blog is amazing, and so encouraging to read! Thanks!