Now I am home, having relieved hydrostatic pressure and esconced myself from the vicious arctic winds...but having major full-stomach anxiety. I will make up for the walking easily tomorrow, I have a crazy schedule that involves lots of shuttling across campus. But right now I just feel disgusting, I ate too big of a lunch too late in the day and it is sitting like a boulder in my belly. It would be so incredibly easy to go do a few loops on the workout DVD to 1) warm up my poor hypothermic system and 2) vent anxiety . . . but I won't let myself do it. Just this morning H. and I were talking about how much exercise still controls my life, and my frustration over how much time it monopolizes. Beyond my southernized whining about the cold, which may seem petty, it really does stress my heart (thanks to ED I have had issues with weakend/irregular heart in the past). I've had chest pains on and off all day, and I doubt that doubling up my evening workout will help matters.
So, sitting here, entering data and listening to the director's commentary on my Lost DVD, trying to distract myself. Counting hours until my normal evening workout (which won't be lengthened to compensate for this afternoon) and wondering what it would be like to be a normal person snuggling under a blanket with hot chocolate on a cold day.
2 comments:
Ooh, data entry. Playing with numbers is fun. And I'm not being sarcastic.
Stay strong. The cold interfered with my workout today, too - I have a policy that I don't walk to the gym when it's in the single digits. It was on my mind all day.
"a boulder in your belly" - that's a really good one and certainly describes the way I've been feeling lately, too!
Post a Comment