Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Biggest Loser Loses

Thank you, PsychCentral, for reminding me of why I am glad I have never watched this show.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

thank you for sharing this, it's always interesting to read the medias intake on the Biggest loser, I also really enjoyed the times article that it linked too. Thank God people are starting to see the truth.

Carrie Arnold said...

That show is scary and freakishly unhealthy. The guy who won the first season nearly destroyed his kidneys in the process and in the next two days gained about 20 pounds in water weight because he was so dehydrated. And no one said a word.

Wrapped up in Life said...

I've never watched the show; frankly the title is enough to put me off. Now I can understand why.

It ust tells the rest of the world that 'Americans' have no shame. Anything for $; that we are all for sale.

Obviously, it's untrue. However blasting our stupidity in front of the world doesn't help foreign relations, either.

Sorry. Got off on a rant. THat article really burned my hide.

Tiptoe said...

It's interesting you post this, because last week on Oprah, there was one of the winners from a previous season of the Biggest Loser. He was saying how he had fallen off the dieting bandwagon and regained about half of what he had lost on the show.

Such a good reminder in the end that dieting does not work no matter the capacity.

brie said...

i agree with some of the article, but i have to respectfully disagree with most of it.

i think the healthy food intake and exercise they try to explempify on the show is admirable.

i don't approve, however, of the measeures the contestants take while at him to prepare for the finale.