So, I'm weird about crying. I have a really hard time creating ocular precipitation when I'm sad, almost never do it when I'm hurt, and usually only spill tears when I'm frustrated or mad at myself. But for some reason, songs in particular and music videos in extraparticular really tend to break through and bring on the Sad Waterworks. Maybe that's why I am mostly likely to cry in my car, when I have on a song that really hits home. Major eye leakage over P!nk's new video, F**kin Perfect (no I'm not a prude about language usually, but that's how it's spelled for marketing if you try to search for it).
This is one of those that--after I composed myself from watching it--I went immediately to iTunes to buy for my Recovery Soundtrack that I started for H. waaaay back when. I first mentioned it very early in this blog's history, but need to put an updated list up soon. It's interesting to me to see how the tone/theme of the songs changes depending on when in my recovery I added them. Probably worth a post of its own, I suppose.
(And I guess I should put a disclaimer, if you're squeamish about seeing a man's upper back while he's in coitus, skip the first nine seconds of the video).
3 comments:
Cammy thank you so much for posting that video.
I hate that i like something so pop-y haha but it really is great. and made me happy. after it made me sad, of course.
I usually hate Pink, but this was a really interesting video concept. I like the end where Pink is looking at the camera--I get the sense that she wants us to know it's autobiographical. Thanks for sharing. Also, my car is also where I cry. As Ron Burgandy would say, my car is my glass cage of emotion!!! :)
Thanks for posting this video!
Post a Comment