I'm in the process of packing up my apartment. This probably doesn't come as much of a shock to you, but I sometimes have trouble pacing myself. I look around, see everything left to be done, and go into a frenzy of work for several hours that leaves me completely sapped. And then I work out.
I did get a bit of a vacation last week: Match and I went up to my family's cabin in the mountains to do some hiking and just chill for a couple of days. Then we met up with the amazing Tiptoe (blog crossover alert!), because she's keeping my precious G. while I'm out of the country next month. I am VERY picky about who I leave my sidekick with, enough to drive through 2 states to deliver him to someone I trust. I'm super sad and lonely to be back here without him, even though I know he's in excellent hands.
So leaving G. for a while is one transition, preparing to move out of this apartment is another. I'm actually SUPER excited to be leaving this forsaken town (I'll be moving to a new place when I return from fieldwork, long story for another post), although I do really like this apartment, best one I've had since I moved out on my own 5 years ago.
Also, not only am I not returning to this town, but Match is moving to start grad school a few days after I leave, when I get back we'll be living 11 hours apart. We'll see how that goes. Right now just trying to focus on enjoying the time I have with him.
I have my final Final session with C. tomorrow. At this point I'm so apathetic that I don't see much point in it, and am pretty unmotivated to try very hard considering any patterns I establish now will be tossed out the window when I flee the country next week. Trying to keep in mind that I REALLY need to be strong and healthy to get my work done, though, camping in the tropics is no time to voluntarily weaken yourself.
Ok, more soon, love y'all.
3 comments:
Wow, lots of change coming up. I'm glad you and Match got some time together at the cabin (and how sweet of Tiptoe to watch your sidekick). I'm sure you and Match will work out the long distance thing. Good luck with packing!
are you going to find a new therapist after you move? I'm just worried; transitions can make EDs worse sometimes. Just be sure to get the support you need!
I am super jealous that you get such an amazing dog sitter! I am going to Colorado in August and I have no idea what to do with Java since my best friend B (her usual sitter) moved :( How was your closing session today? I'm so sorry that you have to switch b/c you never connected. That is such a shame. Good luck w/ packing!! I look forward to updates on your trip (at least I hope there will be updates??)
Post a Comment