Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prideful Incentive

After about a year and a half of slowly but surely adding weight and restoring more normal body function, my hair was just starting to achieve its former gloss and thickness around the time I graduated last May.

Now, after a couple months of slippage, it's starting to shed in prodigious quantities again, and I'm having the major dry skin issues. SO frustrated. I'm at my lowest weight in a while but nowhere NEAR as low as I was before starting therapy, just proof that your various organs/parts still suffer whether you are at a rock-bottom weight or not.

So, just my rather prideful and shallow recovery incentive for the day: health = beauty, and both suffer when ED creeps back in.

4 comments:

Eating With Others said...

Ok so your slipping. What can we do to help? I don't like the fact that your organs are not working right. The world needs you in it. That said I'll say it again, how can we help you?

Tasty Health Food said...

It's alright, stay positive and make sure you take vitamins while recovering. They can really help the process.

Maeve said...

I'm sorry things have been so rough for you, but I am glad that you feel you can be honest about it here.

I know how rough the first weeks of grad school can be, but it really does get better. There's not really any magical words of wisdom I can offer, but I hope you can listen to the messages your body is sending you.

Remember, we're all here to support you!!!

Lisa and Jim said...

Losing hair is SO HARD. It is not a simple matter of vanity or whatever, it is hard and demoralizing and it just sucks.

It also pisses off your dad because the hamster you shed every time you shower clogs up the drain, FYI.

HANG. IN. THERE. You can do it, and your hair will soon be back to its shiny old self.