Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Couple of Victories

Accomplishments of the day:

1) Ate "real food" at a lunch date, instead of just having a salad and eating my mp-approved menu later.  This was hard, because although it was with someone I'm close to, I have an exceptionally hard time eating in front of people that know about my ED.  It's much easier to eat in front of people that don't know me that well, although that may seem counter-intuitive.  I just feel like people that know about the ED expect me to eat little, and I don't want to draw attention by doing otherwise.  Contrary to popular belief, anorexia isn't about attention-seeking.

2) Rode my bike to the store again, but this time did it to REPLACE part of my usual exercise, instead of just adding to it.

Despite those victories, I feel exceptionally soft and doughy and icky today.  I haven't gained anything this week, not sure why today has been hard in that regard.

I'm heading off to another state for a grad school interview tomorrow.  From dinner tomorrow through breakfast on Saturday I'll be doing ALL of my meals with the prospective prof and his students, eek!  I do terrible with eating on road trips, because my exercise is taken away, but I'm going to try to not to let that go too far and ruin my trip.

Ok, signing off, I need some sleep before the loooong drive tomorrow.

7 comments:

Tiptoe said...

Cammy,m yeah for the victories, especially number 2!

Good luck with the interview and all the meals. This is a good opportunity to see what it feel like to let go a little bit.

Standing in the Rain said...

congrats on the achievements lately! that's huge!

i would also encourage you to take a few risks on this trip. it sounds like you'll be spending tons of time with the group you'd be working with and you'd be surprised how intuitive others are. i'd hate for you not to get the placement because they sensed your anorexia. to be honest, lots of people just don't want to deal with it.

anyways, good luck! i'm cheering you on from afar!

Lisa and Jim said...

Yay for you! I have a feeling you're going to rock the interview.

Carrie Arnold said...

Good luck, Cammy!

Just Eat It! said...

I'm so proud of you! That's wonderful, especially the exercising bit.

Good luck on the trip!

Afterglow said...

Congrats on your accomplishments foe today!
Other people have number 1 thoughts/problems too? I completely understand. Doesn't make it any easier though. Congrats on confronting that today!

Good luck at the interview and with your food choices!

Wrapped up in Life said...

Goes to show how much of this is in our minds, doesn't it?

p.s. word ver. is "smack"

LOL!