Anyway, the act of posting about it makes me more likely to stay accountable, even though either way I am the only one enforcing any resolution on myself. I am going to try.
Observations, musings, and general ramblings on the path towards recovery from anorexia.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Resolution
I'm busy playing catch-up after taking a few days off to vacation with Match, so I'll have to save a full rehash of the week for later. The most pressing issue of the morning is that today I really want to start getting on track with my eating. I'm scared at how easy and natural this whole thing has felt, as far as slipping and reverting to old behaviors, proving to myself how austere I can be. At the same time, although it f*ing terrifies me, I will admit I haven't been sorry to see the pounds go away, and am trying to steel myself to see them come back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i just gained back 12. i know i look healthier, but it's really hard. still, it's healthier. and i was getting so tired of people telling me i was too thin.
good luck. it's worth it.
Good luck, Cammy! You're right, it's crazy how quickly slipping can feel normal or habitual again. I know I've been having some issues with studying nutrition labels lately when out shopping and I'm trying to cut out the redeveloped habit again- aghhh it's driving me crazy. With that though I actually feel like a crazy woman looking at all the cereals trying to decide which one is the 'best' (aka most protein, fibre, least amount of sugar, most pure ingredients, but still looking not tasteless.)
Sara
You've got a whole mess of people here for you. xo.
we're all here, cheering you on. you can do this. you've done it before, and you survived, even thrived. go get that back!
xo
i know how hard it is to stick to a meal plan or the right way of eating. it's so much more effort than doing what you just naturally want to do.
you can hold through this and get back into healthier habits! :)
stay strong
-Lisa
stay on track TODAY. i write little messages like "moving on" on my hands which helps me to pull focus on staying on track and looking at the bigger picture. good luck.i have just had my last app at the maudsley here in london, so now i know if i don't give my self a reality check, it allows the monsters to rear their ugly heads.
it's never to late to get back on track. don't dwell on the past, focus on the DAY-- no, on the MOMENT.
cammy, you are beautiful. and a ROCK STAR. don't you ever forget it. and remember that you're nto alone.
thinking of you
hope you have a splendid sunday, dear
love, becca
http://fromheretothereinpurple.blogspot.com
I am having the same issue. Mine is with bingeing though. I can def relate!
Post a Comment