Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Once Upon a Time Year Ago....

...I met this boy. He was nice, cute, funny, but little did I know when I wrote this simple post that it would lead to a long journey, one year and counting today, that would end up changing my life in so many ways. I've come to accept my body in new ways, break old habits, and allow someone to get through that arms-length barrier I maintain around myself by disordered default and actually connect with me on a deep level.

Somehow, that day a year ago, this poor fool bumbled into my world and decided not to leave, and he has learned everything there is to know about me, not only accepting but cherishing me along with my numerous flaws (see this post for his reaction when I told him about the ongoing ED issues).

I still haven't wrapped my brain around it. The world is a strange place, no?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful. definitely a guy worth holding on to! I've been with my guy 6 months and he accepts and loves every part of me-- even my irrational brain.

licketysplit said...

I love this! I'm so glad you have him for support and that he doesn't let you push him away. Good luck with getting back on track!

Kelly said...

Oooh this is nice to see:)
I know you were thinking of not being with him, are you two still together or not?

Lisa said...

Boys can surprise you like that. When I met Jim I was still in the market for a long-haired guitar player - and I wound up with a short-haired, pragmatic economist and hippie-hater.

It's funny and sweet how you start to build a life with someone and you don't even realize it.

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

I agree with licketysplit, and add that sometimes other people can see our worth so much more than we can. I'm so glad you have someone like that in your life because you are worth so much, C.