Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sticker Smiles

I just want y'all to know that I almost left out the sticker bit at the end of yesterday's post, because I thought it seemed too silly. It has really made me smile that so many of you were gung-ho about my star sticker, LOL.

Just wanted to mention, for anyone who is a newer reader, or an older reader that has already seen it but might need a laugh, that I had a hilarious sticker incident last spring. I told C. about it when I got my little prize yesterday, and she literally almost fell out of her chair laughing.

6 comments:

now.is.now said...

As a teacher/tutor, I know how well stickers work - even for the older kids.

Also, when I was in high school, I had a history teacher who would give us "invisible star stickers" and we all kept track of how many we got. It works wonderfully.

Also, last year, i had a chart in my room... evertime I ate somethign in accordance with my meal plan, I put a sticker on it.

Stickers are powerful things!!!!!!!!!

I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY THINK STICKERS ARE SO MOTIVATING.

mariposai said...

Ed the hungry tiger! Haha that's great!

Everyone should get a sticker every now and then to promote wellbeing :-)

Sarah x

Kim said...

I don't know how I missed the previous post, but I did. CONGRATS! I think that's so awesome! In my experience, you'll just continue building positive momentum. Sometimes, I've felt like such a victim to the eating disorder and the rules. I don't think I can conquer it, so I cower. I let it win. When I do well with challenges like these, I'm reminded that I'm strong and powerful and that I can choose my life. I'm so happy for you!!! Any positive reinforcement is good. Stickers make me smile :)

sophia said...

Heehee, you deserve all the shiny (and ironic) stickers in the world if it makes you smile.
I actually have a sticker collection. One of them is of milks. But hey, they are really CUTE adorable animated milk cartons. Oh, and cows, with the nipple and everything. Hee hee hee!

I Hate to Weight said...

C. sounds great. she listens and works with you AND she gives stickers. (my mother was a piano teacher. we spent hours and hours picking stickers for her students. i, myself, always wanted the gold stars.)

it sounds like your other therapists may have rigidly stuck to what they believed recovery was. sounds like C. sees YOU.

i am terrible at compliance. just ask my therapist i give you tons of credit for all the hard work you're doing. it's so so hard.

perhaps i overshare about my former drug use, but some years ago, i actually did smoke crack. and i still think giving up YOUR crackberry is harder.

Telstaar said...

Hey chick!

SOOOOO proud of you for compliance! You're soo not alone on that front... I struggle with compliance of any aspect of treatment from the moment its raised! The number of times I think I should drop out of therapy because "clearly" I wasn't willing to get better if I was automatically not going to do what I was told... arghh stupid ed brain!

BUT, You did it! WHOO HOO!!! So proud :)

I love stickers to! I'm a fan of stationary full stop really but stickers are awesome :) super super cool.

Love you girl xox