Part of recovery is learning that the ED may have been a huge chunk of your life for a long time, but it's not you, and there is no good in beating yourself up for it OR tying your image to it. I'm still working on this every day.
I too have found some surprisingly relevant diagrams/illustrations on Indexed. So simple yet so profound.
Thanks for your comments...I indeed have read Wasted many times and share everyone's mixed feelings about it. Eloquent and so true, but at times I have found it incredibly triggering and ultimately I don't agree with her ending. I've just lent it to my boyfriend to read...
But as you say, triggers also depend on the mindset of the person. I'm proud/lucky to say that I can now read pretty much anything about EDs without being triggered by them. Hooray! Good job seen as I am now writing my own.
Happy to have found your blog and meet another person heading towards recovery from this stuff. I wish you all the best with your journey.
as I dive more into recovery each day, I have noticed I have been thinking a lot about regrets I have, things I wish I could have done, phases I sort of missed out on since I started young, but it is good to know that everyone struggles with this, and that we must also work on stopping beating ourselves up. great visual.
5 comments:
Yeah, I get it but I can't do it. the ED part just took so many years away. It's hard to get past it. :-(
Of course dwelling on it means it will take more time so I have to find out how to get past it.
Wow short but powerful reminder. Thanks for this post.
Um, yeah, this is amazing. Thanks for sharing, C Baby. :)
Hi Cammy,
I too have found some surprisingly relevant diagrams/illustrations on Indexed. So simple yet so profound.
Thanks for your comments...I indeed have read Wasted many times and share everyone's mixed feelings about it. Eloquent and so true, but at times I have found it incredibly triggering and ultimately I don't agree with her ending. I've just lent it to my boyfriend to read...
But as you say, triggers also depend on the mindset of the person. I'm proud/lucky to say that I can now read pretty much anything about EDs without being triggered by them. Hooray! Good job seen as I am now writing my own.
Happy to have found your blog and meet another person heading towards recovery from this stuff. I wish you all the best with your journey.
as I dive more into recovery each day, I have noticed I have been thinking a lot about regrets I have, things I wish I could have done, phases I sort of missed out on since I started young, but it is good to know that everyone struggles with this, and that we must also work on stopping beating ourselves up. great visual.
Post a Comment