Yes, energy! I think I've gotten used to being kind of blah. I wasn't eating that little, but even the past few days of adding 500 or so calories have made me SO much more energetic. Maybe it's just general excitement over some change. In any case, yes, energy is awesome.
I may suggest a slight alteration: "bones don't look good at all."
It's been so interesting to me--my idea of what a pretty body is has changed as I've gone through my recovery. My idea of a good female body used to be a woman with little to no fat on her body at all; after a few years of praying to have better ideas in my mind (and stopping looking at really thin models) I now find myself looking at the girls in D's youth group and thinking the senior high girls look a lot better than the middle schoolers. The difference really is that the high school girls have a some curves. They are all really healthy girls with fit bodies from playing sports, but they can also pack away a few slices of pizza and they have hips. It's really refreshing. Once I stopped looking at everyone as automatically "thinner than me" and started ACTUALLY looking at what they look like, I've discovered that the ones that I automatically appreciate most have a few curves and like, no bones. (They also tend to have energy and vitality.) It's interesting.
Anyway, my ramblings for this morning...sorry for being so off topic towards the end there...
7 comments:
Yes, energy! I think I've gotten used to being kind of blah. I wasn't eating that little, but even the past few days of adding 500 or so calories have made me SO much more energetic. Maybe it's just general excitement over some change. In any case, yes, energy is awesome.
I agree!
Right. Yes.
This is correct.
Must remember.
Love it :D
Keep it up, stay strong <3
This is a very good mantra to have!!
Energy is essential - sometimes we don't realize how much until we don't have enough.
Hope your manta helped you make it through the day :)
I may suggest a slight alteration: "bones don't look good at all."
It's been so interesting to me--my idea of what a pretty body is has changed as I've gone through my recovery. My idea of a good female body used to be a woman with little to no fat on her body at all; after a few years of praying to have better ideas in my mind (and stopping looking at really thin models) I now find myself looking at the girls in D's youth group and thinking the senior high girls look a lot better than the middle schoolers. The difference really is that the high school girls have a some curves. They are all really healthy girls with fit bodies from playing sports, but they can also pack away a few slices of pizza and they have hips. It's really refreshing. Once I stopped looking at everyone as automatically "thinner than me" and started ACTUALLY looking at what they look like, I've discovered that the ones that I automatically appreciate most have a few curves and like, no bones. (They also tend to have energy and vitality.) It's interesting.
Anyway, my ramblings for this morning...sorry for being so off topic towards the end there...
Amen.
Post a Comment