Observations, musings, and general ramblings on the path towards recovery from anorexia.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Tears for Breakfast
The motel I stayed at last night night has a complimentary breakfast in the lobby, and while I was waiting in line to check out this morning I witnessed a very sad scene. At one of the tables near the edge of the room was a family of four: parents, a 13ish looking girl and 7ish looking boy. Everyone had plates of food except for the girl, who was crying and telling her frustrated-looking father that she had to wear a swim suit later in the day and "couldn't" eat anything until after that. The whole thing just really broke my heart, and made me very angry as well. Why/how have we gotten to this point?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel so sad when I see scenes like that, it should not be this way. Breakfast starts the day, it should be cheerful, setting us up to enjoy the day.
Vx
That is so heartbreaking...I swear, subract 10 or so years, and that was me - so me. Oh, I hope that she gets help...how awful.
Very sad scenario. Worse is that that scene is being displayed worldwide.
Post a Comment