Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Glorious...not

Because I have a huge deadline today, of course I'm going to do as many consecutive blog posts as I've done in the last month.

My leg has been feeling a lot better for a week or more, so I tried running again today for the first time in about a month.  I was relieved to see that my stamina/running fitness didn't seem to be at all decreased.  The leg was a bit sore but not outright painful, although I'll wait at least a week before testing it again.  But my other knee did hurt. Telling myself it's just because my legs are tight from not running for a while. Oh and I'm on pill placebo week and get really gawdawful cramps, so it felt like a truck was sitting on my uterus for the entire run.  Oh and I wore three layers on my top half but just one light layer on my bottom half, so I had a sweaty back and possibly frostbitten thighs.

So I pretty much feel wrecked. But other than that, it was GLORIOUS.

Love y'all.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

damn uterus. I'm in the same boat this week so I feel your pain!! As for your leg, sounds like you are being smart and cautious about it. I always used to get weird aches and pains after not running for a while, like my body had to get used to it again, so there's a good chance your knee is no big deal - my fingers are crossed for you!

Alie said...

Glad the leg is feeling better! Hopefully your other knee will loosen up as you ease back into the running. Glad you're planning to take it slow. Stay warm!