Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday break commences

To give you an idea of how the past week or so has gone, the last thing Match said to me tonight was: "I really need you to believe that everything will be okay."

Holy holiday stress.  FYI I'm now out of PhD City (miss it already) and with family for the break before I leave for Tropical Research Country. Cue all of the adjustment anxiety to sharing a kitchen, being around a loud group of young men (dad plus two teenage brothers) and three cats plus two dogs plus a house I've never lived in before in a town to which I tie only unhealthy associations.

It WILL be okay, though.

2 comments:

Alie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things have started out rocky for your break. I really love what Match said though, sounds like he's been super supportive, which is wonderful. I hope the adjustment goes ok, and you're right, it will be ok. And don't forget to reach out if it doesn't feel ok! Take care dear!

Unknown said...

Lots of wishes for support, strength, and cheer for you! <3 Take care of YOU and know that Match, family, and friends from afar all believe in YOU.