Cammy mantra: When in doubt, make a list.
Further, I have to give Match props for knowing exactly how to call on my logical side to propel me along without being overly pushy.
Example: Today when he asked me how adding cals had gone. I told him the truth, but that I planned to add X tomorrow.
Match: That's great. But do you think that amount is enough?
Me: I'm not sure. It's easier for me to step it up in increments.
Match: That makes sense. But you only have two months before you leave for [Tropical Research Country]. If someone was trying to lose that much weight in that amount of time, do you think you'd recommend they only cut as many calories as you're adding?
Me: Well...umm...okay I get your point. Damnit [Match]...
I don't think I've mentioned this, but Match has actually lost a TON of weight over the last 5 months or so. He had gained a good bit in his Master's program and now he's slimmed back down to exactly what he weighed when we started dating. It makes me feel weird sometimes when we're out to eat, knowing that in some ways his diet is more restrictive than mine (more in terms of content than amount; he made big efforts with his sugar intake and I have an unabashed sweet tooth). But, unlike most people that are trying to lose weight, he doesn't obsess over it out loud all the time or even bring it up overtly, and overall I think that seeing him make changes for the better has helped remind me that that's the same way I need to approach getting healthier (in my own direction) too.
And now for something lighter because I feel the need to compensate when I have multiple heavy posts in a row, I bring you a superfluous cute animal picture:
Newest song on my recovery playlist (PLEASE don't judge me because it's Christina Aguilera. Doesn't she look like Daenerys from 'Game of Thrones' in the cover art, btw?).
I can't believe this semester is almost over. I can't even believe this week is almost over. That whole time speeding up as you age thing is so real it's scary.
I can't even believe this day is going to be over in 20 minutes, and that means I have to wake up in 5.333 hours. Gnight, love y'all.
2 comments:
So glad you have a plan for the cal increase! Somehow writing it down seems to make it very real and concrete, and I agree, it's so much easier to follow then. That helps me quite a bit so I just don't have to think about it and obsess over it (as much). Good luck to you!
I'm really glad Match has been so helpful with this, not only in discussing it with you from an objective point of view, but also that he seems to be modeling a healthy attitude toward food and weight.
Adorable pic!
oohhh I literally whimpered a little but when I scrolled down to that picture. I am SUCH a sucker for cute snuggie little baby animals.
I'm glad Match is getting healthier (and hopefully not triggering you in any way?). Boys are usually great about weight issues - e.g. they don't make them issues at all. When I was really sick a couple years ago, both my brother and I were living at home. I was trying to gain weight and he was trying to slim down after porking up a little in college. While I was freaking out and obsessing over what/when/how much to eat, he just sort of shrugged and ate more veggies, drank less beer, and went to the gym a couple times a week, and that was that.
I am also not a fan of time speeding up! Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?? Hope all is well, take care.
Post a Comment