Monday, August 24, 2009

Matched?

I just had my first "date" (more like an on-campus coffee appointment) with my Match.com guy, and it went well! He was very nice, and we had some interesting conversation. I felt kind of bad because we lost track of time and he was late to his next class. Even if nothing romantic develops, I at least feel like I've made a friend.

Ok, nose back to the grindstone, some ED thoughts (not disordered thoughts, thoughts about ED, you know what I mean!) later.

8 comments:

Kim said...

That's great you put yourself out there and met a nice guy :) I have friends who have had luck with Match.com. Keep us posted :)

Tiptoe said...

Yeah for Cammy! Online dating can be fun, just as long as you go at your own pace, and don't necessarily have expectations--just on a date to date basis.

Glad that you went and gave it a shot. I'm sure this will not be your only date either. You've got lots of charm ;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW, you're brave! Loosing track of time is allways good sigh:)

Telstaar said...

Oooh nice one! I like that concept, that even if nothing romantic happens you've got a friend (hopefully) :). I thinkt hat's a great attitude to have :). (Btw I'm not trying to be all soppy and happy happy joy joy, I actually mean it.)

Goodluck! Oh... and I have NO romantic life (or options thereof) so if something develops, pls share hehe, I need some vicarious romance :)

xo

Just Eat It! said...

It's great that you're taking risks and putting yourself out there. Perhaps he can introduce you to more people.

Tasty Health Food said...

Ooh, Match.com. :D My mom tried that once. The responses that she got were... interesting, to say the least. I'm glad to hear that your experience was a bit better!

now.is.now said...

YAY! Glad you had such a fun time! Keep putting the fun in your life :) (P.S.: I think online dating is great!)

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

Was this the PhD student, or a different guy? I cracked up SO much when I read about the PhD student asking you if you were the girl from match.com. I would have died right there.

My brother-in-law uses match.com and I was looking at people who had contacted him through the site and I was so jealous that I can't use it to find friends. One of the girls that had contacted him seriously seemed like she would be my best friend. I naturally encouraged him to marry her, sight unseen, so she could be my sister-in-law. Still, I was seriously jealous. I would make an awesome profile and forge many lifelong friendships if only it wasn't "date" oriented.

I agree with everyone who applauded you for putting fun in your life. I'm so impressed!!