Friday, October 3, 2008

Repeat Retreat

I am on my way out for weekend fieldtrip for another -ology class, similar to the one I went on last month.  These kind of trips always give me a chance to get a better grip/perspective (at least temporarily, but it's better than nothing), and are usually a huge relief from daily life.  I'll have a hellacious amount to catch up on when Monday comes, but a little nature therapy goes a long way.  So, wonderful wilderness, here I come, and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

One random note related to Tiptoe's recent post, the barista this morning most DEFINITELY didn't give me decaf, I am super hyper and shakey, I am going to call and complain.  Some people (myself included) are really sensitive to caffeine, and you can't screw with people's systems.  The whole reason I detoxed from the stuff is because it tends to give me heart palpitations.  I probably needed a boost, we'll be doing stuff in the field until around 2 in the morning, but I don't like this BZZZZZ feeling.

3 comments:

brie said...

have fun, C, you deserve the break!

Carrie Arnold said...

Hope you had a good time, Cammy. Let us know how it went

Tiptoe said...

Late on this and know you are now back. I hope the nature therapy was a good dose of stress relief.

Re: the caffeine, yeah, I'd be peeved as well.