Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cammy A-Z

Haven't posted for a while, but I'm supposed to be writing my thesis this afternoon, and after aout an hour needed decided to give myself a short blog break.  Why am I only motivated to do some things when I'm supposed to be doing others?  I saw this meme going around the blogosphere and invited myself to participate:


  • A- Age: 24.  Officially in my mid-20s, yikes.
  • B- Bed size: Queen, although it might as well be a full when I'm alone in it because I sleep on the very edge for some reason.
  • C- Chore you hate: Folding/putting away laundry.  I have two laundry baskets; one for dirty clothes and one for clean ones that I wear often enough that it's really just not an efficient use of time to put them in drawers, right?
  • D - Dad's name: Not tellin.  But I call my step-then-adoptive dad "dad" and my biological dad by his first name, because there's a lot more to being a dad then having athletic sperm.
  • E - Essential start to your day: I check all my accounts (email, facebook, Twitter, blog, etc) on my phone before I get out of bed. I also always wake up hella dehydrated and down a 16 oz glass of Crystal Light before I do anything else.
  • F - Favorite actress and actor: I have total girlcrushes on Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron.  And as attraction goes George Clooney has me totally won over. I think Jon Hamm and Leonardo DiCaprio are incredibly talented actors, but I don't find either of them that attractive.
  • H - Height: 5' 7"
  • I - Instruments you play(ed): Piano, and clarinet for one year in middle school.
  • J - Job title: Graduate student (read: I will have no job title until I am at least 35 and I am okay with that or at least I pretend to be when I see everyone I grew up with settling down with careers, marriages, kids, paychecks, and other little things like that).
  • K - Kid(s): No.No. NO. And, by the way, no. I have a ton of respect for people that are parents, but I am terrified of passing along my dysfunctional genes, and feel like I am way too anxious/impatient/generally unfit to ever be in charge of raising another human being.
  • L - Living arrangements: Renting a duplex with my canine sidekick.  He doesn't pitch in for rent, but he never drinks the last of my Crystal Light or uses all the hot water, so it balances out. My boyfriend lives 12(!) hours away, and I see him one long weekend (4-5 days) a month, which sort of extremely sucks but I think we handle it pretty well.
  • M - Mom's name: Not telling.  But I will tell you she has an embarrassing holiday-themed first name and so has always gone by her middle name.
  • N - Nicknames: Well, despite the fact that y'all know me by a pseudonym, I am really, really not a fan of nicknames.  M. has one for me that I think is adorable, and my mom and dad are allowed to use one from when I was a kid, but beyond that it is birth name only ifyouplease. Maybe because in real life my name is one that is easy to truncate, compress, or otherwise mess up, and so I've always been protective of it in full form.
  • O - Overnight hospital stays other than birth: None!
  • P - Pet Peeves: This would require an entire post.  Or 50 entire posts.  But the ones that top the list are dishonesty, inconsistency, hypocrites, and people who say "expresso" instead of "espresso."
  • Q - Quotes You Like: Way too many to list. I think one of the most practical is actually from my grandfather: "If you want it done, then do it and don't whine about it." Simple, to the point, and applicable to everything.
  • R - Right- or left-handed: Righty.
  • S - Siblings: Two younger brothers. They are actually half brothers but I don't think of them that way. Also, a half sister that I have never met, but I don't really think about her much. No offense to her, but in practice she's a random kid that probably shares the same unfortunate near-sightedness genes with me. I do feel a vaguely defined sense of guilt/pity that she had to be raised by her biological dad and I didn't.
  • T - Time you wake up: Between 5:45 and 6:15 every morning, sans alarm clock.
  • V - Vegetable you dislike: Radishes make me want to scrub my tongue with a washcloth.
  • W - Ways you run late: Getting caught up in reading the news over breakfast in the morning and losing track of time.
  • Y -Yummy food you make: I make a killer southwestern rice/chickpea dish.  And my peanut butter/pumpkin waffle sandwiches will change your life, I kid you not.
  • X - X-Rays you've had: Routine dental scans, a few bone density scans, and a broken finger, fractured wrist, and strained back.  I don't glow in the dark yet, but there's still time.
  • Z - Zodiac sign:  Scorpio, although my birthday lies on the "border day" and occasionally I'm listed as  Libra.
There you go.  What about you, have responses to any of the above categories you feel like sharing?
love y'all, hope you've had a good weekend!

3 comments:

Missy said...

24? Hah. Wait until your 33!!

I am most often late because I must clean. Leave house spotless.
OCD? No, ironically. Just selfish. I'd rather be late and happy walking into clean perfection.

Get back to work, girl!

Lisa said...

"K - Kid(s): No.No. NO. And, by the way, no. I have a ton of respect for people that are parents, but I am terrified of passing along my dysfunctional genes, and feel like I am way too anxious/impatient/generally unfit to ever be in charge of raising another human being."

i totally get ya there :)

Katie said...

I was okay with every age in my 20s until I got to 26! Now I'm the wrong side of 25 I am, for the first time, anxious about it. I think it's largely because I feel that I just sort of existed through my teens and early 20s, so I've lost all that time and now I'm "old". It's silly and I'm sure I'll get over it - I'll have to, I'm 27 in three months! But I get told at least three times a week that I don't look it, so I'm got that in my favour :P

Uh, but this comment shouldn't be all about me! I agree totally with your answer on kids. This is a bit random but have you shared your views with Match? I have a feeling that my boyfriend wouldn't mind having kids at some point in the distant future, and I feel slightly guilty because I'm dead set against it. Also, life changing PB and pumpkin waffle sandwiches sound awesome :)