No, I have not actually dropped off the face of the earth, although I've wanted to a few times over the past week or so. I moved back to University town. Moving and unpacking has been INCREDIBLY time consuming. Why do I have so much STUFF???? I've filled 7 boxes of clothes to donate to the local domestic violence shelter, why didn't I do that before I packed up and moved everything? And don't even get me started on the books. I am realizing I will definitely need to downsize my library, which makes me feel like someone on an A&E hoarding intervention show.
On my first official day back in town, my professor conscripted me to grade a batch of term papers for him because he was so busy (mind you, he's had these papers since the first week of April and had yet to even open any of the files until 3 days before grades have to be logged!), so I've been spending 7 hours/day on that in order to get them done by the deadline tomorrow. As soon as I have that completed I plan to do a more detailed update post.
I have to admit that the busy work is probably good for me, I have never, ever felt so lonely and unhappy as I feel living in this damn place, that doesn't seem to have changed since the last time I lived here.
5 comments:
hang in there, Cammy. i'm sorry you're feeling so lonely.
it's helpful for me to remember that i have my people, even if i'm not near them. i don't have real friends where i live in new jersey. my best friends are scattered around the country and my sister and her family are in pittsburgh.
i can get pretty lonely, but i remind myself that i am rich with people, even if they're not with me.
be well. hugs
My father had to take one week-long vacation when we were moving just to sort and pack all of his books (and we were all helping). Our house is mainly furnished with books.
I am sorry that you're feeling so lonely. Hopefully the work and campus life will keep you busy and better. And there are books. Good company. ***
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so lonely and disconnected from everyone. It is probably a blessing that you are so busy. I'm looking forward to how things are going for you in your next post. Hang in there!
C, I want you so badly to feel less sad. I know from my personal experience that moving further in recovery might actually really help a lot with that. Can you restart therapy now that you are in your new/old place?
Every time I do some form of moving I try to get rid of as much stuff as I can.....but I must say, the one thing I cannot part with are my books :( I have boxes of them and I long to get a place to live with bookshelves so that I can see them again! Its just so hard to choose which ones you don't want or need anymore! xo
Post a Comment