Saturday, May 21, 2011

Away Visiting

So just a quick update.  Match Week was fantastic as usual.  I was pretty antsy and insecure going into this one, but feel a ton better on that front now. He actually ended up staying an extra day, so we just parted ways this morning.

I told M. about looking in to starting therapy again, and he was really supportive and also relieved.  I think it's been weighing on his mind that he's been the only person (in real life) that really knows how much I'm struggling right now (and I don't even get into all the details with him).  He's also worried that the depression component is becoming more of an issue, which I tend to agree with.  Anyway, he is in psychology as well, and he was pretty cute about checking out the therapist I picked out; he looked at where she went to school, who she studied with, what papers she's had published, etc etc.  He wasn't being bossy or controlling about the choice of course, was just showing that he was interested in me having someone that's top notch.

I decided I needed some family time, since nothing is going on for me academically right now and I don't really have anyone in my city, so my G. and I got on the road and am visiting my grandparents for a couple of days. My mom is also visiting here this week, so there's even more bang for my buck on the visit.

I'll have way more in depth updates soon.  I'm behind on blogs, of course, but am hoping to catch up soon.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend, love y'all!

3 comments:

ola said...

It's so good your Match-week was great:)

Grandparents are such a Greatgrandthing to have! The older I am the more I appreciate being with my Gradmother (the only grandparent I still have). She's 84and she's just returned from a congres in Edinburgh, I really hope I inherited just 1/100 of her energy...

Enjoy a nice time with your Grandparents and mom!

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

I'm glad you are visiting your grandparents! I know you love them so much. Have fun.

Also, I thought it was really cute that Match is so interested in your therapist. It must be nice in a lot of ways that he has this background. I know I've really appreciated that D's mom and brother see a therapist because his whole family is very accepting of mental health issues.

I Hate to Weight said...

i'm really glad you're looking into therapy. it can be so helpful.

Match sounds like such a great man. he truly seems to understand how to be supportive.

good for you for taking care of yourself and taking off to see your family. this is the stuff that saves us, i believe.