Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Body Getting on My Nerves

So I have had the hunger pains from hell today. Ten times worse than when I was consuming way less food per day over the weekend.  And yes, I have been assiduous about the meal plan since I got home from my trip.  Why are bodies so damn much work?

=(

9 comments:

I Hate to Weight said...

why can't it all be kinder and gentler? i know your frustration well

however, if your best friend was experiencing hunger pains and was annoyed because she'd really been able to eat so little over the weekend and she hadn't even been that hungry then....uh, what might you tell her to do?

don't mean to lecture, just hope you'll remember that our bodies NEED food and they're not done with us until we give it to them

hope things start feeling more peaceful around the issue

Angela said...

It is a lot of work. Hunger scares me so much. I want to deny that I have needs. I'm sorry you are struggling with it, and wish I had some advice. Try to remember that your body is telling you something, and the hunger pains are loud because you ate so little over the weekend, and it wants to catch up. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

Katie said...

I always thought that it'd be great if people in recovery could just take a several-thousand-calorie pill in the mornings and then forget about the whole business of food and hunger. I guess anyone in your situation who didn't have an eating disorder would just shrug and eat more - after all, bodies don't require the same amount of calories every day, there are lots of things that can make a person more or less hungry. It's just difficult accepting and acting on that when you're in recovery.

Maybe you could see this as a reaction to the fact that you ate way less over the weekend? When I'm ill or busy and don't eat as much I often find that I don't feel it at the time, but then I'm starving for a few days afterwards. It always settles back down though.

I hope you feel better today!

Missy said...

Your metabolism is coming back to life...your cells are breathing and moving and cleaning your body!
This is a good thing!

~Missy

Anonymous said...

Bodies are very very resilient. Yours wants so badly to be totally healthy, and it's trying to tell you what it needs!

Keep listening and fueling, maybe you'll feel BETTER!! Definitely not as hungry... (Sorry, not meaning to be a smart ass). I just want you to be strong and healthy and remain strong and healthy through your upcoming trip, without major stepbacks in weight or exercise. You've come so far and you keep working so hard!!

Laura said...

Hey C! (This is the same Anon. as last time - when I left the blunt comment. I should just come up with a new name for myself). I just wanted you to know that I had a similar day the last two days... hunger pangs from hell! And I so get the frustration! I never want to go a morsel above my meal plan, but I hate when I'm hungrier than my meal plan! Anyway, I want you to know that I a) had an extra snack yesterday and b) increased my final snack yesterday, and I'm glad I did. I share this with you to encourage you to do this too. Try to ground yourself in what you KNOW - not what you FEEL. You have weighed yourself enough to KNOW that adding an extra snack today won't make you gain weight. So... join me in adding an extra snack! Do it with me! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

ok, that was weird... I thought it was going to post as anonymous. haha! Maybe the computer picked a new name for me by itself!

Haley said...

Your body is just telling you to fuel it! If you're still hungry then obviously you need more food, girl!
I know it's frustrating at times. I have definitely been there, but we've gotta keep our bodies going so that we can conquer this stupid ED :) We need so much more than we think. And don't worry about weight. It takes 3500 cals to make a pound. I doubt you will gain any by eating what you want when you are hungry! Just focus on food being fun and easy :)
You're doing great!
<3

Protein Girl said...

I agree with Missy- it's your metabolism coming back to life! You need food to heal! You're in my thoughts!