So, today is automatically a good day...because it means tomorrow is tomorrow, and tomorrow I see Match! Flying up for my monthly long weekend with my homeboy, and I can't wait. And yes I realize the title of this post makes no sense. It will be the last time I see him before I'm out of the country for another research trip later this month. And in case you haven't noticed, I'm rather fond of him. :)
Thanks so much for the great comments and support last night, I did indeed survive and have felt a lot less anxious this morning. I indeed did not gain ten pounds overnight, or any pounds for that matter, despite feeling like a beached whale when I went to bed. Sometimes it's good to have a reminder that our perceptions can really play with our minds sometimes, and you can't always trust them.
Has been kind of a quiet few days. I have done as much as I can to my data, and so have a bit of a break until I bring the next batch back from my upcoming trip. So what have I been doing?
-I've started to tool around on the piano again. I was pretty good in high school, but have had almost zero time for it since I started college. I'm ultra-rusty, of course, but it's still incredibly calming for me, even when I'm going back to a lot more basic songs than I used to be able to play. Seems to be coming back to me fairly quickly, though.
-Remember a while back when I mentioned I was working on a new fiction project? I've been getting up early to write at about1000 words a day on it for almost two weeks, so it's building up pretty steadily. Have hit a few blocked days where I didn't get as much done, but am really trying to stick with it and not drop this one as soon as I start to get frustrated or doubt myself.
-I'm halfway through the third season of Mad Men. HOOKED. Actually the third season isn't quite as good as the first two, but it's enough to keep me coming back for more, and I am VERY picky about tv shows.
-I've been on a kick of reading memoirs/biographies. Really, really amazing to read about the things some people go through, not just surviving but thriving in the aftermath.
Like I said, kind of in a lull period for my work, obviously. Oh well, I'm about to be immersed in it hardcore again, so a bit of a break isn't the end of the world.
This will probably be my last post before my Match trip. I am going to try very hard to do well while I'm at his place, as far as food goes. I appreciate all y'all, hope everyone has a fantabulous week/weekend!
4 comments:
Have a fabulous Match weekend and a safe trip, if we don't hear from you. Just keep that mindset that big changes take big time--a weekend of different food and routine will not break you. Enjoy the company and take care of you ;)
I have the same thing with the piano! I haven't played in years because it's not at my house, but when I did, it was so relaxing and meditative. You can't let your attention wander or else it sounds like crap. Forced focus is still focus! I miss it.
Anyway, have a great weekend. Some of us have a couple more days left ;)
Have fun on Match weekend! :) I wanna see it!
And it's great that you have the goal of eating well while you're out. That means you're all the more likely to do it! Stay strong! :)
<3 Haley
hope you had a great weekend!!!!
i wish i could play the piano. it's wonderful that you're playing again. i am in awe of people who can play an instrument.
i almost only read biography/memoir. i love it. people and their lives fascinate me.
yes, you definetely won't gain 10 pounds! i will say, though, that i've gained 10 pounds recently and it's actually (i can't believe it!) fine. and i honestly (!) think i look better.
the whole weight thing is weird, isn't it?
Have a fabulous trip with Match! Stay positive when facing challenges, and just enjoy your weekend!
I want to hear more about your fiction project sometime!
And what memoirs have you been reading? Any recommendations?
Post a Comment