A couple of notes from the weekend that I didn't mention yesterday, because it would have messed up the thematic-ness of a post that was getting lengthy anyway:
1) A close adviser, role model, and friend of mine was killed in a traffic accident on Friday. Total shock, huge loss to the community. The world is not fair. I literally would not be where I am today, professionally and academically, were it not for her. I'm going to stop typing about it now so I don't resume crying for the millionth time.
2) I ended up at the walk-in clinic on Saturday morning with a lesion that had been looking bad for a day or two and was very swollen and gross when I woke up that morning. Verdict: Staph. :'-( This is also one reason I've been careful to fulfill the mealplan (today made 6 days in a row), I just want my body to heal, damnit. I've been having killer headaches, but I don't know if that's from the infection or the drugs that are supposed to be fixing it. Yesterday the spot was looking noticeably better, but today I'm afraid it looks worse, although it could be all in my head. I don't like this!!!
3) I feel like I should end on a positive note: I've made good progress on a paper I hope to submit for publication soon. My oldest younger brother has been in an uncharacteristically good-natured mood lately. I have a dad that goes out in the frost in his boxers every morning to warm my mom's car up for her before she leaves for school, because he worships the ground that she walks on, and that just makes me feel good inside.
I hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
<3
2 comments:
I'm so, so sorry to hear about your friend :( That's just terrible news :( I'm also sorry to hear about the staph infection. It's good that you're working especially hard to take care of yourself since it's a difficult time health-wise and otherwise. Great news about your paper!!
it is so sad to hear about your friend..:( i think nature should have select some creatures with at least nine lives. And I think your friend was very proud of you! (what makes it not somehow easier..)
It's great you are doing so good with your meal plan despite this sad news, just remember every infection and healing (and writing the paper - congrats!) are really hypermetabolic states, so you need lot of protein and good rest. Ugh sounds like preaching from my mum, but I've caused too much damage to my body while exercising when ill that I have to say it.
Hopefully your brother's mood is some kind of very virulent infection:)
Post a Comment