~Still mixed up about J. Questioning my assessments about how I feel about him. If I was so unattracted to him, why did I get a little thrill when he smiled a certain way? Well, wouldn't anyone like getting that kind of attention, even if the source isn't your soul mate? Very aware that I am way too disconnected from my emotions to really do anything besides talk myself in circles and confuse my mind into a knot.
~I watched "In Her Shoes" today and have been thinking a lot about sisters. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I have a half-sister that I've never met. Long story. She should be in the 6thish grade by now, but I don't know where she lives.
~I was doing yoga this afternoon, and was concentrating very hard on my side plank (I hate that move! Turns my arms to rubber. Whoever invented it should be hit in the head with a real plank) when G. took advantage of my proximity to the floor and wandered over to give me one of those sneaky tongue-in-mouth doggy kisses. Next time I will LISTEN to the DVD yoga instructor when he tells me to keep my mouth shut and breath through my nose.
~I have my bone scans posted on the refrigerator, as a reminder that this whole recovery thing does indeed have a point. I've got the old ones (from 2006, also the ones that were laying around when Ms. Earlier Session visited last week, eek) to contrast with the new ones. By the way, I griped about my orthopedist yesterday (this guy was not my primary physician, although my ED history was included in the file at his office), but at least it wasn't as bad as the osteoporosis screening staff at the campus health fair earlier this year, that was definitely a yikes incident.
~Despite headache, did do a little bit of cleaning today. My strategy for preparing to move is to establish a new rule: If I haven't used/seen it in over a year, it gets thrown out or donated. I sorted a ton of stuff to throw away or recycle, and filled two trashbags full of clothes to donate. Score one for decreasing both the volume and entropy of items in here.
~Coconut-lime scented candles make me happy.
Ok, going to wrap this up and try to sleep off my headache. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
2 comments:
Had to laugh at the doggy kisses, that was pretty funny. :) Hope you get feeling better soon!
Good idea with the fridge-posting thing.
I bought a cheapo coconut-lime candle a while back. It made me feel like I was on a deliciously tacky South Florida vacation, which is actually more fun than it sounds.
Post a Comment