Why is is that sometimes when we need to talk the most, we're the least able to figure out how to do it?
I've really had a hard time the past few days. I'm conflicted about what I want for my future on several fronts. Career direction, goals, decisions, etc. And I'm having Relationship Issues right now and don't really know what to feel about it. Nothing awful or dramatic, no fights, just . . . I don't know. "It's complicated."
Par for the course when I'm stressed, my appetite has shriveled up and died and my nervous energy has shot through the roof. I've been around the block enough times to recognize that's what's happening and stay on top of things anyway. Sometimes I really think that being so schedule- and routine-obsessed is a blessing in disguise, because that rigidity keeps me from going off the rails when my body/mind are in a rough patch.
It's been such a beautiful weekend, sometimes I wish I could just bottle the feeling of sun on my skin and spray it on whenever I needed comfort.
2 comments:
My experience has been that the times when it is hardest to talk are the times when you have the most to say. Even if it feels like you can't articulate anything - just getting SOMETHING out might help. You've always got an ear here!
And I'm the same way about the rigidity - the routines that usually perpetuate pretty destructive patterns actually help keep me sane when everything else is falling apart. My eating/exercise habits generally don't get worse when life goes to hell, mostly because the rigidity creates a structure that keeps me sane. (Not that that suddenly makes ED behaviors okay, but you get my point.)
Hang in there, I know you'll come out of this.
tell me when you make that spray - I'd like to invest in your company.
Post a Comment