I feel like I've sort of let this blog slide a bit, with too much venting/whining and not enough thematic discussion. I'm a bit buried with school/work right now but really want to try to keep 4B going strong. As such, I really appreciate reader feedback, questions, and topic ideas. I want to remind everyone that I'm on Formspring (haven't used it in FOREVER but it's still there) and want to get more active again with that. So if you have any questions you want to see answered in a future post, hit me up! (Click here for my Formspring profile).
Had a PhD interview this week; it was a good option but one that I think I can safely rule out as being "not for me" without too much mental turmoil. If only I could be so sure about some of my other options. This one had some definite pluses, but the project just doesn't excite me and I have enough other options on the table that I don't think I really need it as a backup. Always good to get interview experience, though.
I had also planned a workout when I got home (about 10 pm), but I had not eaten well and was EXHAUSTED from an early morning and a lot of driving, so I skipped it. Unheard of, right? And haven't compensated by cutting any food the next day. Probably seems small to some people but for me skipping a planned workout on a day my exercise had already been reduced is HUGE.
Therapy this afternoon. I appreciate the fact that T. lets me talk about whatever's on my mind, but I feel like I'm really not making any progress with exercise overall (last night's victory aside; wouldn't have been able to do that if my food hadn't been drastically down that day) and little if any with food, so I think I'm going to tell her today that I need our sessions to start focusing on that a little bit more.
I hope everyone has had a great week, looking forward to any questions I get via Formspring, love y'all.
3 comments:
just wanted to stop by to tell you i'm proud of you for listening to your body and not forcing a workout - i know that for you, that is huge!
also, i'm really impressed that you're taking the initiative and talking to your therapist about what will be beneficial for you in therapy. that's the best way to get better!
love ya.
Can I just say that I don't ever comment and when you said "slipping" I noticed only a handful of comments on your posts, well this is awful sentence structure!, but I wanted to let you know there's at least one girl out there who reads what you have to say and takes advice and learns a thing or two (especially just the day recaps and accomplishments and/or failures) but may not comment or have much of an input. I think you're amazingly strong and dedicated and wish you only the best in both recovery and all of the amazing things in life outside of it.
Brie,
Thanks, really appreciate that. My therapist is really good and was immediately into "work on eating/exercise" mode without it being overwhelming, so I think it went well.
<3
Anonymous,
That comment really made my night actually, thanks and best wishes to you too.
Post a Comment