So, as some of you may have noticed from my commenting activity on other blogs, I am not, in fact, out in the field right now. Remember my conclusion in my last post that "shit happens"? Well this is proof of point! There were some last minute complications with transporting my equipment down to the site, so we were delayed a few days.
I was nowhere near as stressed as I thought I would be in that situation, with less than 24 hours notice of the change. I held onto my cool the whole time, sort of surprised myself, and I know that in the long run this is just a blip that shouldn't affect any outcomes.
And actually, I'm kind of glad. I have the weekend to spend with my family and talk to Match before I take off. I was actually feeling quite sorry for myself on Thursday, because during the week I'm mostly here working from home alone, and I was getting major lonelies being so isolated in the days leading up to leaving everyone I love for several weeks.
So, that's the update, hope everyone is having a great weekend!
1 comment:
I don't always deal well with changes in plans, though my whole mindset is much more relaxed as of late. Glad you're able to see the positives in the delay. You sound really at ease :)
Post a Comment