So, X-ray results are in, it looks like I am relatively intact. They were afraid that I had might have some hairline compression fractures in my cervical verts, but the good news is that my back is NOT broken. Woot for an intact spine. The bad news is that I apparently do have a hairline fracture in my wrist (thank you, Jiffy Pop bones) and some compressed disks, which were the cause of my chest pain in some weird anatomical way that I haven't tried to map out.
The other bad news: the X-rays show that I apparently already have signs of osteoarthritis in my upper back. Thanks, anorexia, I hate you too.
I was severely admonished for traveling back from another hemisphere, going through the holidays, and making another long car drive/luggage hauling expedition before being seen. Now I am not supposed to be doing any lifting/carrying for a week or two, although in practicality this would be difficult to adhere to in full. And I am prohibited from traveling, which means my upcoming cross-country trip is off. Thank goodness I paid extra for the refundable plane ticket, or I would be out over $600. I am bummed because I was going to 1) a big conference, 2) check out a school that I am interested in for my PhD program, 3) visit with family members I have not seen in literally over two decades. So frustrating that a fall that took less than a second can mess up so many plans.
I have a wrist splint, which apparently only came in Cat Puke color.
Match assured me it is Ultra Hott, but methinks that after two weeks of being apart he is probably attention-starved enough to be slightly delusional about these things, much to my advantage.
More later.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about the asteo. That really sucks but so glad you bought the refundable tickets.
Um, check out my blog. We are now hot brace-wearing twins.
I'm so sorry to hear about this medical news and about your cancelled trip. Was there anything motivating in this news or did it just piss you off?
we are soul sisters. i had to cancel a trip too because of my damn bones. it was non refundable though.
and my osteoporosis has also forced me to sport some of those puke covered wrap appendages.
there are actually a bunch of night club pictures of me in my glory days rocking out with my wrist splint out. :)
oh geez, cammy. I hope this helps you out with an urgent eat-more message!! Sending lots of ove and new year hope your way...
I'm glad you went to the doctor. It sucks you have these health issues right now, but I'm glad you're getting them taken care of. I am so sorry of the osteoarthritis! Malnutrition is real and it really does hurt your body. Your body can exercise for long periods of time now, but it will eventually give out. Please stay healthy, take care of yourself, nourish your body.
p.s. Match is right. The writs splint is ultra hot :)
Welllll, I'm glad your back is ok...sorry about the wrist thing. You and Sarah are brace twins :) I think osteoporosis is possibly the hardest effect of anorexia for me to confront. I feel like I try to believe my body is invincible, but then there are those bone issues. I hope you don't beat yourself up about it (I'm good at this), and just keep fighting for total health :) Happy New Year!
oh god, that doesn't sound "relatively intact" at all! C baby, your anorexia has hurt you so badly, even just bone-wise, not talking about your whole health in general-wise, and that makes me sad and pissed off (not at you, at anorexia). you deserve more!!
and your cat puke brace made me laugh. i had to wear one a few years back - wait til you sweat in it a bit, and you'll luuuurve the smell, lol.
take care, C.
Post a Comment