I've been thinking a lot lately about how I've gotten myself into a really good situation with this program, and really, really want to try not to mess it up. I have so many regrets from the millions of ways I've let the ED interfere with every.single.possible aspect of my life over the years. I want to protect this experience that I'm starting; I want to be as normal as possible and at my max capacity and to make it something I can look back on with minimal regrets. Thus, this passage in the novel that I'm currently reading really stood out to me:
"Over time, the ghosts of things that happened start to turn distant; once they've cut you a couple of million times, their edges blunt on your scar tissue, they wear thin. The ones that slice like razors forever are the ghosts of things that never got the chance to happen."
-From Broken Harbour by Tana French
1 comment:
It's so wonderful that you're really taking this as an opportunity to build healthier routines and make a fresh start of it (sans ED interference). That sounds like such a great attitude and healthy approach!
Thanks for sharing that quote, very powerful!
Post a Comment