I wish there was some rubric or metric to gauge how I "should" feel on my third anniversary with Match vs my actual thoughts and emotions. That would involve me sorting out what those actual thoughts and emotions actually are, though. Really not up for that at the moment.
2 comments:
Ah, but we are all growing up much slower and being in schl for much longer, so while i'm sure you cld find some 1950s guidebook to tell you how to feel, i hope you can just enjoy where you are in life, and where you are w match. Boyf's recent lifechange means a slew of married coworkers now, plus being outta college five years = friends all around us are starting to get engaged.... So there's a lot of ok, deeep breath- feel how i feel (which is hard to know!) and not worry abt being on track to get hitched or make babies or whatever it is most ppl my age wld fuss over. Enjoy the anniversary as best you can, hope things are pickingup for you w/schl-- are your labmates back from the field?
Yep, sounds like you get the situation. Married co-workers can make it hard to make friends and socialize, too, because they tend to stay in more. My Facebook feed is like a slideshow of other people's weddings and babies, and I'm in a relationship about which I'm feeling increasingly ambivalent. I really don't want kids or a ring, but there is still sort of a feeling of apartness because of the difference, I guess.
And I wish I knew what to do with this boy that I care about but am not sure what I want from.
Post a Comment