Well, of the two therapists I sent queries to the other day, one turned me down (no openings for new clients) and the other hasn't answered yet. The one that nixed me was the one I was most hopeful for, but she did recommend me to a psychologist friend with a practice in a town about equidistant from PhD City. I'll contact that one today. Round and round we go, I guess.
By the way, this is a must-read: Eating: A Manifesto. Not exactly Michael Pollan, but definitely needed to be said. Hat tip to Carrie for the link to it on Twitter this morning.
By the way, anyone struggling with finding insurance or funding for treatment should see the comment by JS on my last post, she has some good ideas for things to try. I had never even thought of looking at alumni health plans, but I'm going to check into that today.
Random photo of the day, from the Healthy is the New Skinny Facebook page:
Heading off for a coffee date with a friend, love y'all.
(Random coffee trivia: I just learned last week that dark roasts actually have LESS caffeine than light roasts despite the bolder flavor. I feel like a failure of a coffee aficionado/caffeine addict that I was ignorant of that fact for so long).

4 comments:
I'm sorry the therapist turned you down, but I hope one of them will work out for you, or have an idea of someone else you can try. I'm sure it's frustrating, but hopefully it'll all work out soon!
Hope the coffee date was fun! I found out about that coffee fact not too long ago, but it made me really happy since I much prefer light roasts, so I feel like I'm getting just a bit of an extra caffeine boost :) Take care!
Love the Eaters Manifesto!
Also, I am sooooo happy to see you seeking out therapists, etc. keep me posted. Maybe the one who the first therapist referred you to will end up being available and skilled!!
That article is great!! I hope you find a therapist that you like. I've recently relapsed and I do not know what I would do without my therapist and rd. They are awesome. I hope you can find something similar.
Also, I am in grad school too and realized the hospital that I see my rd at has charity care so i applied for that...if you don't have any income you probably would qualify too...might be worth looking into. Hang in there, it sucks and I am going through the same thing :(
Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. Mostly been fbing, and not blogging or blog reading.
I'm really glad that you are reaching out and looking at treatment options near Ph.D. city. With the first therapist who was not taking new patients, I'd just remind her that if anything opens up, you'd like an appt. Hopefully, you'll hear from option #2. I'd sill try to long-distance it with ., even if it is only once or twice a month. There is something to be said for therapists who already know you.
As for everything else, hang in there. Recovery is always an up and down road. It's just that with each turn, you hopefully, become wiser and turn more healthy corners.
Post a Comment