I have to admit, I'm almost enjoying finals, though, because I have no other responsbilities besides taking tests. No labs, no teaching, no meetings because my organizations and clubs have all wrapped up for the semester, etc etc. What, all I have to do is learn stuff? That's great, this is like a pre-vacation vacation.
Less positive: because my daily schedule is much less crowded this week, I have had time for more exercise, even though I am technically supposed to be decreasing it (H. wants it down by about 75% to start off with). It is so easy to increase it, though, because I am a master of multitasking and can read while I do some of my workouts (I can sit on the exercise bike forever as long as I've got reading material), and thus I can study while pumping away, telling myself it is an efficient use of my time. Plus, it's an outlet for anxiety over tests and the approaching holidays.
So, goal for tomorrow is to NOT do the extra workout time that I've done for the past few days. I'm starting to feel the effects of all the extra wear and tear, and it's not fun, and I have more important things I should be doing with my time. I think I will go to either the library or my favorite coffee shop to study, so I am removed from my workout zones and temptations. At home, I feel guilty when I just sit on my couch reading, when the bike is right there in the room and I know I could get the same reading done along WITH burning calories if I just jumped on the machine.
Five finals down, two to go!
1 comment:
I definitely also worked out while I was flipping through notecards - it was my excuse to exercise a bunch. It's really hard to go through notecards now while not exercising at the same time, but I kind of feel like I'm learning it better! Keep it up, and stay strong! :-)
PS - I heart your site. I'll be back. :-)
Post a Comment