Saturday, June 20, 2015

Reality Check

So, after all that stuff I wrote yesterday, now that I'm "home" at my parents' house and not distracted by travel/Match/conference activities, I'm starting to freak out about the weight gain. Starting to dwell and worry about how fast it came back and what that means. Starting to wonder if anyone will take me seriously if I'm heavier than my typical range for the past few years. Starting to wonder if I will ever not be wrapped up in this bullshit.

Like always, I'm okay with how I look except for a fixation on my stomach that literally feels like it's driving me crazy. I don't know how to fix it.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Don't freak out. I promise that the weight gain, however enormous it feels, is nowhere near as noticeable to others as you may think. I'm sure you've wracked your brain thinking about all this already, but take a sec to consider how much of the weight lost was really dehydration, and how much the gain is really restoring fluids and bloating associated with slowed digestion etc. I've often seen a blip in weight gain after a period of restriction, and it never continues at the same rate. Bodies are insanely complex and they have long memories. Hang in there and be gentle with yourself.

Cammy said...

A big part of me knows that dehydration is probably part of it. We store 3-4 grams of water for every carb consumed, so even a non-drastic uptick in calorie intake can make weight gain seem more than it really is. I also think I am definitely having bloating/slow digestion issues, although not as severely as I was a week or so ago. Thanks for the booster, still having a tough time with this but trying to soldier through.