Thursday, June 28, 2012

Flash Update from Trip

I was looking forward to this trip quite a bit, but it's really not going well.  Eating etc. is okay, all things considered I guess.  But I am really, really feeling shaky on the relationship part right now. We'll see how things play out I guess.

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

Hang in there and trust your gut. Easier said than done I'm sure, but you're too great of a person to be stuck in an unhappy place. I really hope things start looking up! Sending good vibes and thinking of you xoxo

JS said...

Yuck. Try to avoid the impulse to make a snap decision about the relationship [if you feel like it is an impulsive idea to change it/this feeling of ickness isn't how you generally have been feeling]. My sig other just started a really intense program, and one of the things they advised at the start of it was to not make any relationship changes in the first year of the program-- that you had to adapt/see how things went and that adding a relationship change to an already stressful move/career change was a bad idea. Still we did discuss aldskfjasldjf what do we do about 'us' as I guess makes sense when starting a new life phase. But really, I hope things on this trip get better and you can kinda defer any major decisions until you're both solidly wherever you'll be for the next year or so. Good luck.

Maeve said...

Hang in there!! Something will sort itself out and everything will be ok in the end. Best of luck and vent to us whenever you need :)

Jen Ebbeler said...

I'm so sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to this trip. Really sucky that you aren't having a fantastic time and are feeling stressed about relationship issues. I'll echo JS on the "don't make any sudden moves" theme; and I hope that things improve a bit and get back to baseline, at least. There will be time when you are apart to think about how the visit went, the relationship, etc. I find that, for myself, it's really important to make big decisions away from the crisis. Sending good vibes to you, and wishing you luck.