So the past 3 days or so have been a total emotional roller coaster. I ranged from being jumping-around ecstatic about good feedback from PhD search to a hugely tense day of bickering with Match that left me wondering if the salt from tears will damage the touch screen on my phone.
Anyway after all that I'm really tired of talking about emotions and serious stuff and so I won't analyze any of it. You get this miscellany instead:
-As my Twitter followers are probably tired of hearing about, I have a total girlcrush on Hope Solo, and that has resulted in me finally breaking down and watching Dancing with the Stars. I actually only watch the segments she's in, because the only people on that show that don't trigger me are Nancy Grace and Chaz Bono, but oh well.
-I just discovered the online music store Legal Sounds, and am in awe. I have no idea how they can afford to sell new releases and top hits for $0.09 each, but I am happy to reap the benefits of whatever exploitative strategy they use to pull it off.
-Although $ 0.09 may still be too steep...I checked my bank account the other day and saw I had more money than I expected, attributed it to a refund from my school account, and proceeded to buy some books and music, splurge at grocery store, etc...only to realize that in my overwhelmed fog of school and work stuff I had forgotten to pay my rent this month and actually have extremely little available money. If I want to keep a roof over my head, at least. Oops.
-I have been on a writing binge for the past few days and have added 7000 words to my thesis since Saturday. I have been a thesising beast, yo.
-I have two new PhD interviews scheduled. And just got feedback from someone who is the ULTIMATE ROCKSTAR in my field and they seem very interested as well, but with a couple of logistical caveats...I'm already dreading the choices I'm going to have to make in a few months.
-I saw this article on pushing athletes past their limits (if they wanted to know how to deplete all of your energy and push yourself beyond where you should, they should have just interviewed some ED people. Is than an okay half-joke to make?), and it really made me contemplate how similar strategies might be applied cognitively to help people push past plateaus or stumbling points in ED recovery. Discuss?
-I will never understand why so many people stop their cars next to me when I'm walking my dog to ask how old he is. He's been self conscious enough about his growing graybeard ever since he stopped getting carded. ;p
Okay I am now going go reapply my nose to the thesis grindstone. I hope everyone's having a better week. Love y'all.
3 comments:
Sorry about the Match bickering but hope it doesn't last long.
I haven't tried Legal Sounds yet but am intrigued.
I watched DWTS and was surprised how Hope Solo did. She was less stiffed than I imagined. I remember when Monica Seles was on there, and she was stiff as a board. I was kind of surprised how Chaz and Nancy Grace did.
Good luck on the PhD stuff. Things will come together. Go with your heart but at the same time check all the other logistical stuff too--like place.
Too funny about G. T. actually already has white on her muzzle. Some dogs go more gray earlier. But it is weird, because people will still ask me if she is still a puppy! H., on the other hand, doesn't look past 8 or 9 years old, and he is like 12!
Haha! This was a funny post. I read parts of it out loud to my husband! You're hilarious. The rent thing sounds like something I would do! I hope you get a school refund too, just because then you can buy even MORE fluffy stuff ;)
Congrats on the major thesis work!! Bummer about the rent though - I'd do the same thing if it weren't for automatic payments:) And I read that NY Times article too - I don't have any insight to add but I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on it.
Post a Comment