Monday, March 14, 2011

Out of Office

It occurred to me that I didn't do a "I'm on hiatus" post before leaving for my most recent trip.  I'm currently at M's, up here for almost a week to reconnect after my last research trip and celebrate his birthday.  So anyway, I am gone but shall return later this week!

I'm working hard at eating more normally while I'm here this time.  I've done a bit better, despite the fact that the cold weather is still really restricting our outdoor activities (who goes NORTH for spring break, I ask you? Someone who must love their northwards boy a lot, lol).  It's been pretty challenging and I've had more body anxiety issues (even though I weigh exactly what I did the last time I saw him), but I think I am making progress . . . maybe not a ton with total intake of calories, but with being comfortable cooking and eating more "real foods" in front of him instead of just going the salad route in restaurants and having a granola bar or something on the down-low later. I don't think his perception of what this means quite matches my experience of it, but I'll get into more of a discussion on that in a post when I'm back home.

Ok, hope everyone had a great weekend, love y'all!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Keep going. And heck, keep communicating with M about your experiences. Based on the evidence on your previous blog posts, it sounds like he would appreciate the perspective! Well done to YOU for continuing to take on and tackle those challenges.

You're awesome. As per usual. :) Safe travels when you're on your way back!