Just fyi, I didn't have time to do a last post before I left, but I am actually in tropical research country for the next couple of weeks, just made it to an internet cafe to let the fam know that I survived the flight and a day in the capital city intact. I'm worried and not all that confident about how food will go, I'm already kinda having a hard time. Possibly because my sleep has been minimal the past two nights and that just saps my mental energy.
This time around, though, I have some great friends as my traveling companions, and they're aware of my eating issues even though I've only ever explicitly discussed it with one of them, and even then not at great length...but I think that having them around will make me feel more accountable, make it harder for me to take off on my own all the time for extra exercise, etc. So hopefully it'll work out. And if it doesn't, at least it'll be my shortest trip yet; putting a rush on things to be back in time for Christmas.
Anyway, hasta luego, hope all of you handle the holiday season well, mucho amor!
2 comments:
Enjoy your science! Wishing you fewer worries about food and strides in recovery while you're there... Think of how much more you can do when your muscles and brain are strong and fueled! Happy Holidays when you get back!
Best wishes, Cammy! Always remember: you're stronger than you seem, braver than you believe, and smarter than you think.
Take care of yourself, and don't give into fear. This is a great opportunity to let go!
Also remember that I adore you, I'm thinking about you, cheering for you, and fighting this battle alongside you.
xoxo
Post a Comment