Nice to be reminded my body still works. But it still bugs the hell out of me. I'm following prescribed mp (I'm not seeing D anymore but still following what she laid out for me before) but I have an ultra-hard time straying from the mp even if I feel I need more, so I just end up being hungry a lot and frustrated that my body still annoys me when I try to treat it better.
Whine! Off to the bike shop to buy a pump and get info about group rides that they do several times a week. I do the recumbent bike at the gym, but biking on the road is much different and I'll need to practice on my own for a while before riding in a group. I'm really trying to use biking and rock climbing as ways to channel the exercise urge into something fun and functional, and less rigidly quantified than machines at the gym. Anecdote related to this in a post soon to come.
Happy weekend my loves!
7 comments:
Imagine mitochondrias as tiny messages from your women-ancestors reminding you to nourish your body with their traces and to be kind to yourself (and their traces). Your meal plan is much younger and less experienced than they were!
And outdoor cycling is definitely 100% another (better, real) experience than stationary bike, enjoy it (in the "helathy" amount).
The body is smart and annoying, simultaneously. It's amazing how it works. The more I eat, the faster my metabolism gets. It's crazy. Good luck with the exercise urges ;)
i'm glad you're following your mp! That takes strength!!! Good luck!
stay strong
xoxo
-Lisa
Be good to yourself Cammy. Eat if you are hungry, the goal is to gain back the weight you lost, no?
We believe in you!!
Love, CG
Hi Cammy,
I dont think I have commented before, or maybe not in a long time, I do read a lot but I'm compelled to comment because I totally get the hyper-metabo thing. When I was in treatment, I cried to my therpist because I was eating about 3500 calories a day and I was still hungry! it was crazy! but your body is such a smart machine, i promise everything will work itself out.
Hey!! Just found your blog and I am excited to finish reading it! I am just discovering this ED community of blogs!! It's an awesome support group!! I saw that you love rock climbing!! That made me super stoked because rock climbing (and dogs) are my favorite things in life!! :) Thanks for posting!!
I am going to add your blog on my sidebar of good reads-- hope you don't mind!
xx: Grayce
www.feelit-faceit.blogspot.com
Keep being good to yourself! It's not easy to trust our bodies, but they really do know best! :)
Post a Comment