1) I am ridiculously pampered and spoiled by him. I'm very much a down-to-earth and do-it-myself type girl, but damn if I don't sometimes enjoy a princess weekend too.
2) I have NOT increased any ED behaviors leading up to this trip. Not that I wasn't tempted. I know I've put on weight since I last saw him (exactly a month ago) but I can rationalize to myself that a) it's not much weight, b) I'm still less than I've weighed for most of the time we've been dating, and c) I am secure in the fact that he loves me, not a number.
Match knew I'd been trying to get back on track ed-wise this month and was worried I'd regress leading up to the trip, he specifically brought it up and made sure to tell me he wanted me to take care of myself and be happy and healthy, for both me and him. And yesterday when we were chatting and I told him I've done zero extra ED behaviors, he said he was proud of me, and just the way the words came out made it one of the most touching things anyone has ever said to me.
So anyway, I have been promised a zoo trip, all the Starbucks my kidneys can handle, and anything else I want this weekend...but really I just can't wait to be around Match, he really has become my best friend.
8 comments:
I can almost feel the warmth between you two thousands miles away:) It's so so so nice! Enjoy your well deserved weekend, Cammy!*
Have fun w/ your loved one. I wish you all the besdt and...oh hugs.
-Kat
Ah, I am so excited for you! I can tell how happy and you excited that YOU are, and it makes me absolutely giddy as well. It's true---Match adores YOU, not a weight. Your strength and true joy are what's most attractive. xoxo
soooo cuUUUte. so happy for you, Cammy.
So so so happy for you! And... so incredibly proud of your strength against the "easy" behaviors! I really miss updates from you (i.e., would love to hear how things are going in life, love, and research-land ;) )! Have a wonderful trip, cherish the time, continue to take care of YOU, and make great memories! <3
This made me smile so much that I had to read it out loud to D. It made him smile too. This is what relationships (and life!) are all about!! Like Ola said, the warmth and excitement is so present. We say, HAVE FUN! Love, D and Sarah
hope you are having a great weekend! you make me want to spend today in starbucks.
it's so great that you didn't change your eating before you're trip. Match sounds like a terrific supporter of you.
enjoy. enjoy.
Wonderful!
Post a Comment